Question / Help FD_CLOSE, error 10053 Disconnect 15-20 Sec and then will reconnect for 4-5 min.

PartyRooster

Please let me know if I don't provide enough information.
So I am doing a dual stream set up with NDI.
There are no issues with the encoder missed/skipped frames.
ALSO While connected there are no dropped frames to Twitch.
THE ISSUE: I have intermittent disconnects while streaming. It will disconnect for 5-10 seconds and then reconnect.
In the log file provide it says, " FD_CLOSE, error 10053" Your help it greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Party Rooster.

Attachments

• 2019-07-17 21-03-52.txt
    32.2 KB · Views: 44

Sukiyucky

Because you didn't tell us if this is a new setup or one that has been working in the past, I have to assume the former.

Its important to note that network problems can be entirely out of your control. They can exist from your ISP service connection, DNS connection, anywhere along the route to Twitch, Twitch data center itself, Etc.

The only thing you can do is make checks on your end because that will build a case and help support staff if it falls outside your computing system and home connection.

1) Check the quality of connection to Twitch by using TwitchTest, especially to the ingest server location you are targeting:
https://r1ch.net/projects/twitchtest

2) Rule out network driver problems by updating the Realtek network driver. Get it at your motherboard manufacturer's website. Do it for both the NDI server and NDI client. You should always consider updating the network driver if there was a Windows update.

3) Check for Ethernet cable problems. Inspect the patch cables, cables, and connectors at both ends of the cable, connections at board level, even wall jacks. If you have any slight feeling something doesn't look right (loose, exposed, crimped wires, damaged ports or connectors, etc.), replace them. Better safe than sorry.

4) Verify that all cables are the same category (i.e.5, 6, 7) and not mixed or matched.

5) Verify that all networking equipment operate at the same speed and are working properly (switches, hubs, cable modem, routers, etc.). These can and do fail over time and sometimes.

Last, if all the above shows no signs of problems, then get your ISP service technician to come over. Have all the above readily available to prove your case and to help diagnose further.