Bug Report Failed to Initialize video

rehboot

Running Ubuntu 14.04
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 520M alongside HD Graphic 4000
RAM: 6GB
Processor: i3 third generation

Keep getting the "Failed to Initialize video: Unspecific Error"

On windows I don't get this Issue but i used too last year (I just start streaming again) So I'm guessing this issue is already know (and been fix)
If anyone have a solution to share i'm all open hear otherwise I am just reporting this bug
Screenshot from 2014-08-23 20:36:44.png

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Known issue at the moment. We have to fix some shader code to get it working with certain linux drivers.

Running Ubuntu 14.04
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 520M alongside HD Graphic 4000
RAM: 6GB
Processor: i3 third generation

Keep getting the "Failed to Initialize video: Unspecific Error"

On windows I don't get this Issue but i used too last year (I just start streaming again) So I'm guessing this issue is already know (and been fix)
If anyone have a solution to share i'm all open hear otherwise I am just reporting this bugView attachment 3605
you have an nvidia card you will have to install proprietery drivers to use OBS until the fixes are made honestly i would wait as installing nvidia drivers can be a pain on linux it requires a tiny bit of terminal work and i have had instances in testing were the mesa driver was being a jerk and wouldint let the drivers switch over so yeah just wait for the fix

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yea, it only works with proprietary drivers, but in some cases those have had issues too, so I'm just going to remove the extension that's causing problems and overhaul the shader system to get things working.