"Failed to create aac streaming encoder (simple output)" error

evonym

Hey! I recently reinstalled OBS after having it a few months ago, but whenever I try to launch the program I get the error "Failed to create aac streaming encoder (simple output)". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OBS, and even trying older versions, but nothing seems to work. Log is attached, thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• 2023-03-01 21-58-55.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 94

sandrix

Follow the analyzer's recommendations. Update OBS

evonym

I did that, and it still didn't work. Went into the analyzer again with the new logs and it didn't have any warnings or anything? The application won't open at all so I can't go into the Help tab, or set up anything else. New log attached

Attachments

• 2023-03-02 12-42-19.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 37

PaiSand

You need to add at least one Scene and source.

Please start here:

evonym

That sure didn't work! The auto-configuration wizard has never popped up no matter what I do, and I can't open the actual application, so I have no way of setting up scenes and sources.

When I try to open OBS at all, even as administrator, it waits for a second, then pops up with a single error window that says "Failed to create aac streaming encoder (simple output), and I can't do anything else because nothing else shows up besides that message.

Is there a way to make the wizard run without being able to access the menus or get the application to actually open?

evonym

The diagnostic didn't come up with anything still, and there's nowhere I can find to help me check file integrity? I assume it's in the Help tab of OBS itself, but I can't reach that tab because OBS won't open in the first place