Question / Help "Failed to Connect to Server" Any troubleshooting ideas?

patrickb7

Hello,

I am new to this forum, OBS, and live streaming altogether. I recently acquired a camera and was hoping to be able to live stream using the camera on YouNow.

I've followed all of the steps for the custom streaming server and audio/output settings, yet once I start the broadcast on YouNow and go to start streaming in OBS, it keeps telling me that it fails to connect to the server.

Any help from someone who is much more knowledgable about this kind of error would be highly appreciated. I've attached the log file below.

Error Log URL: https://obsproject.com/logs/bSNQ2qgqz3KnBLNH
Note: As you can see I've attempted to start streaming a good handful of times so I apologize for the exhaustive length of the error log :)

Narcogen

"Handshake failed" indicates that either your Stream URL / stream key are incorrect, or YouNow is experiencing a technical problem. Looks like a support ticket should be raised with them.

18:27:46.608: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://stream.younow.com/liveapp...
18:27:47.070: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
18:27:47.070: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
18:27:47.070: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://stream.younow.com/liveapp failed: -2