Fading scene changing

• Thread starter Deleted member 4422
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4422

Hello everyone!

I've recently been streaming a lot again.

I have 2-3 scenes which I change between reguarly, and it looks horrible just to change flat-out.

I would like if we/you could add a fade-option when changing scenes :-)))

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It already has a slight fade effect by default. You might want to add your sources as global sources so they stay loaded in memory to make the transition more smooth.

The rewrite of OBS will have the ability to do nicer transitions.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm not sure what the stock set of transitions will be, but I believe you will be able to download and make your own, regardless.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Transitions are programmable. That being said, someone will probably have to program them. I'll probably write some of the more simple ones first (and one awesome one that I've been planning in my spare time)

JJtoob

For now, to use a short fade, add your sources in Global Sources first, then create a scene by adding 1 video source from Global Sources by right clicking an empty area within the Sources frame, click Add, hover over Global Sources and choose your source. Create a new scene and load a different video source the same way and continue making scenes with different sources until you are done. You can tweak any overlays later. When you switch between scenes, the fade should work. This had me stumped for a few months because I expected the fade to work when changing the order of sources within the same scene, and it doesn't seem to work that way.

PerkulatorTime

I use 32-bit OBS (worked for 64-bit OBS as well) and this solution worked for me. Once I added my webcam to Global Sources and added the webcam through add>global sources>webcamname my scenes fade and transition smoothly! I am currently switching everything over to global source now to maximize this fade transition. Thanks everyone!