Question / Help Facebook live streaming of music performers - from more than one source?

CGibson

Hi all,

I just installed OBS for Windows on my laptop and it worked like a charm when I streamed to FB Live.

Many of us songwriters are now doing virtual shows, and some of us are attempting to do song swaps with one or more songwriters. Zoom seems to be the go-to for this, but it seems to have some issues with making guitars sound like they are underwater, even when all noise suppression and the like filters are disabled, original sound source selected, etc. I found through my FB Live test today that OBS had none of those issues, and gave me a really great, true sound and excellent video quality. I have a Yeti Blue mic, sounds great.

I'd love to use OBS for a multi-source songwriting stream, which involves more than one end user. Is this even possible with OBS? I'm no tech whiz, but I can follow directions and set things up to work reasonably well, given good instructions. In Zoom, multiple attendees can be displayed at once and streamed out to FB Live or wherever.

Here's the quality of what I'm getting with OBS, that I'd love to have: https://www.facebook.com/claudiagibsonmusic/videos/150730319586342/

I'd appreciate any feedback, input, etc (no pun intended). Please remember I'm a novice, and dumb your answers down in advance (when I was a reporter, I'd say to scientists I interviewed, "Imagine you are talking to a 12 year old", but I know that 12 year olds today are probably way more tech savvy than me!)

Thanks in advance - CG

vblplar

Trying to do a similar things and want to use Facebook live video as source. Hopefully someone has an answer!