Facebook live comment capture

Paul Carter

Hi there,
Facebook in its wisdom loves to alter the way I can view a live player on screen.
I use OBS from about 6 meters away on a 65" screen and also have another 50" screen so I can zoom the comments and be able to read them at a distance. From time to time facebook removes the ability to increase browser zoom and scroll to the right of screen preventing me from being able to read any comments. Its tough to engage with an active audience when you can see the comments.

Is it possible to create a plugin that allows the capture of real time comments from FB Live that will overlay on my screen. It will also enhance my ability to copy and paste the comments in the stream to highlight a viewers question or comment. I know it can be done by taking the access token and post ID and adding to embed code or similar. As a tech guy I am a great truck driver.

Hope that makes sense, some one slap me and point me in the right direction if one already exists.

BionicClick

you can use a tool called stream elements to create this overlay then import it into your event as a browser source. if you are looking for a native app that does this only one program I have ever used has it. that is vMix and their social plugin. otherwise use the free tool mentioned. alter there is SLOBS, stream labs obs.

Tormy

you can use a tool called stream elements to create this overlay then import it into your event as a browser source. if you are looking for a native app that does this only one program I have ever used has it. that is vMix and their social plugin. otherwise use the free tool mentioned. alter there is SLOBS, stream labs obs.
Is it possible, with Stream Elements, to show in the stream ONLY the comment I want to show?