Facebook-Live cannot connect with OBS Ver 27.0.1

Mokwas

Trying to live-stream with OBS version 27.0.1 on Windows 10 ( 64-bit) to Facebook-Live. Obtained stream key from Facebook and inserted in OBS using Settings -> Stream -> Stream Key

Got error message "Connect streaming software before you can go live"

Can someone give me some input to help?

Attachments

• OBS 27.0.1 Log-File-.pdf
    78.9 KB · Views: 354

qhobbes

Your log contains no streaming session. This would certainly result in the "Connect streaming software before you can go live" message. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin. Right click on OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok..
2) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here if still having issues.

Did this work for anyone?

Ive tried every option online and still cant seems to connect, it worked fine for a few months but stopped without warning, log attached.

18:21:01.134: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
18:21:01.176: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (802.11, 78 mbps)
18:21:01.275: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 3, server answered 72
18:21:01.275: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
18:21:01.275: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
18:21:01.276: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -2
18:21:01.276: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

Attachments

• 2021-10-19 18-20-42.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 55

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
It looks like you are behind a network or software device that is performing TLS interception on port 443. Contact your system or network administrator.

It looks like you are behind a network or software device that is performing TLS interception on port 443. Contact your system or network administrator.

Thanks R1CH

Ive tried on multiple networks but still having the same issue, im presuming its maybe my computer with the issue, also tried with StreamLabs OBS and same issue

skying

I am having same issue that unable to stream to facebook live today. Any solution? My OBS Studio version already latest 27.1.3 (64bits)

Attachments

• 2021-10-24 23-36-50.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 52

dwerth5

Our ComCast modem is not intercepting TLS. I've reached out to my IT company to see if the FireWall might be the culprit. We have not been able to stream for a couple of weeks either, and there is nothing on FB that indicates an issue.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Aggressive antivirus software that installs a root certificate might also cause this.

telur1

i haven't experience this before , and i do livestream to FB weekly , but let me ask one question , do you stream to multiple platforms ?

cause i am seeing RTMP there

Hey Teluu1 #

Thank you for your comments, we have had to start streaming to YT to keep our live stream going at the moment. I have pretty much lost hope in FB now... tried everything I can think of to correct it but still having the same issue

Our ComCast modem is not intercepting TLS. I've reached out to my IT company to see if the FireWall might be the culprit. We have not been able to stream for a couple of weeks either, and there is nothing on FB that indicates an issue.

I've pretty much lost hope with it now.. 2 weeks in and still now and no further on. Streaming to YT without any issues (don't have the same views or interaction thou), I tired Stream labs OBS to FB with no joy

Lawrence_SoCal

Ive tried on multiple networks but still having the same issue, im presuming its maybe my computer with the issue, also tried with StreamLabs OBS and same issue

All from the same computer? or multiple computers running the same network settings/security software?
I ask as plenty of people are streaming from OBS to FB. For example, I can't get to theregister.com com recently due to a conflict with netscout s/w. When I first started streaming 18+ months ago, I had lots of issues due to corporate security s/w running on workstation laptop (as config/settings not designed for streaming).
Your issue sounds like root cause is on local PC (assuming trying to connect from various locations using different router/ISP).

qhobbes

Create a restream.io account, connect your FB to your restream, set OBS to use restream.io . I'm able to stream to FB at 1080 on my personal page with this. It looks like 60 FPS too (not 100% sure if it is).

All from the same computer? or multiple computers running the same network settings/security software?
I ask as plenty of people are streaming from OBS to FB. For example, I can't get to theregister.com com recently due to a conflict with netscout s/w. When I first started streaming 18+ months ago, I had lots of issues due to corporate security s/w running on workstation laptop (as config/settings not designed for streaming).
Your issue sounds like root cause is on local PC (assuming trying to connect from various locations using different router/ISP).

Thanks Lawrence, Yes all from the same Laptop, i need to try from another device but haven't got round to borrowing one and my main work laptop is so locked down i doubt it is even worth trying from that one. I think its a PC based issue just need to keep searching for a solution... lost track of the amount of YT help videos ive watched and they are say the same thing..

Have you tired to uninstall and reinstall OBS? if still cannot might be u need to reformat the PC or Laptop . It might be also a virus

Hey Telur, yes after the first few YT 'solution' didn't work i uninstalled and reinstalled OBS but had no joy, i feel like the issues started when i last updated OBS

Create a restream.io account, connect your FB to your restream, set OBS to use restream.io . I'm able to stream to FB at 1080 on my personal page with this. It looks like 60 FPS too (not 100% sure if it is).

Thanks qhobbes, haven't seen that platform before, that looks like it might solve my issue, ill give it a try tonight