Extremely Muffled System sound after recording

Good evening!

Here is the strangest situation i've been facing so far: I am trying to record with OBS (in record only and not in streaming). I have set everything up as it should be, the image as well as the sound, everything works as it should, EXCEPT the post-recording sound of the system, which is muffled as if it had been put through a very powerful low-pass filter, while the microphone sound has been perfectly recorded.

I use several audio tracks in obs :
- System (system sounds, games, application, google, music etc)
- RTX Voice microphone (I use RTX Voice as input)
- Voicemod microphone (I use Voicemod as input. I don't use it at the same time as the other, when one is activated, the other is muted)

My headphones: Logitech G Pro X (which I use in 7.1, it is the default application of the system)
My microphone: HyperX Quadcast

The audio bitrate is the same for all the sources (48 khz, and even if I change all the sources to 44.1 khz the problem persists)

After a lot of testing, I saw that the problem was coming from my headphones. When I change the source of the system's sound in obs so that it plays elsewhere (example: speakers, screen sound, motherboard sound) the recording of the system is done perfectly.

I am in the most absolute incomprehension, I can't find the reason why the sound that OBS records when my headphones are set as the system audio output is automatically muffled to the extreme. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you in advance !

PS: There is no filter applied to the system's sound in OBS, and when recording, the sound I hear in the headphones is perfect. Same thing if the system's sound source is changed to be played, for example, into the speakers, if I listen to the recording afterwards with the headphones, the sound is perfect.

Log : https://obsproject.com/logs/AUhPJbFjJMobXuTl

Attachments

• OBSParametre1.png
    OBSParametre1.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 386
  • OBSParametre2.png
    OBSParametre2.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 362
  • OBSParametre3.png
    OBSParametre3.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 265
  • OBSParametre4.png
    OBSParametre4.png
    560.6 KB · Views: 280
  • OBSParametre5.png
    OBSParametre5.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 222
  • ParametreGPROX.png
    ParametreGPROX.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 298

mixiell

I have the exact same issue here. I have been trying alot of differnet settings etc without a solution to this.
And as you say, changing source to motherboard etc makes the sound crystal clear on stream / recordings. but then i cannot use my headphones.. so what's the point..

mixiell

I found this answer in another thread
And it actually solved the issue for me :)

Cheers to @Statdk for the solution!

-----------

I've found a potential solution that will probably work long term, but I'm not sure how long of a delay it causes. From my 5 minutes of testing it seems fine, though I would only leave it set up while intending to record.

From the same group that made Voicemeeter I found a virtual audio cable (https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/). It does the same thing as attaching an actual cable directly from the computer's output to input, OP would probs know because voicemeeter comes with one permanently attached.

Setting it up after installation is simple:
  1. Open the audio device control panel
  2. Set the default audio playback to CABLE Input
  3. Go to the recording tab then right click and open the CABLE Output properties
  4. Open the Listen tab then check the "Listen to this device" box
  5. Just below that, set the "Playback through this device" to your Headphones/Speakers. You should now be able to hear your audio like normal.

IMPORTANT: In your recording software, set the system audio input to the CABLE Output.
Some software's system input is unchangeable, though from my testing it just uses the default output (now your cable)

This also allows you some extra control over which application's audio stream is sent to the recording software through the cable. Just play with the individual application's audio outputs to get it.

Hopefully this helps, definitely solves the issue of latency, but is a little weirder to set up and use.

JesúsZ1096

I found this answer in another thread
And it actually solved the issue for me :)

Cheers to @Statdk for the solution!

-----------

I've found a potential solution that will probably work long term, but I'm not sure how long of a delay it causes. From my 5 minutes of testing it seems fine, though I would only leave it set up while intending to record.

From the same group that made Voicemeeter I found a virtual audio cable (https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/). It does the same thing as attaching an actual cable directly from the computer's output to input, OP would probs know because voicemeeter comes with one permanently attached.

Setting it up after installation is simple:
  1. Open the audio device control panel
  2. Set the default audio playback to CABLE Input
  3. Go to the recording tab then right click and open the CABLE Output properties
  4. Open the Listen tab then check the "Listen to this device" box
  5. Just below that, set the "Playback through this device" to your Headphones/Speakers. You should now be able to hear your audio like normal.

IMPORTANT: In your recording software, set the system audio input to the CABLE Output.
Some software's system input is unchangeable, though from my testing it just uses the default output (now your cable)

This also allows you some extra control over which application's audio stream is sent to the recording software through the cable. Just play with the individual application's audio outputs to get it.

Hopefully this helps, definitely solves the issue of latency, but is a little weirder to set up and use.
This won't change the quality of sound of my headphones of will cause any sort of delay in the long run if I leave CABLE Input as my default audio playback?