EXTREME loud static noise while recording PS3 with an HDMI capture card

Kons-T

Hey guys, I hope you can help me with that. I'm new and I try to record / Stream my PS3. I bought a HDMI Capture Card (since I can't afford an Elgato yet), also a HDMI Splitter, various cables, because my PS3/4/TV are in the opposite corner as my desk (I bought an USB extension cable lol).

Everything seemed fine, I've got the PS3 captured, it was easy to set up a scene with the Capture Card and after a short while I figured out how to add sound of the Capture Card (it was weirdly called "USB Audio Device", and I couldn't figure out immediately that it "belonged" to the Capture Card. xD

Well, everything worked fine, my TV was showing the menu, I turned off the TV and I could monitor the sound of the XMB in my Macbook, so I could hear what was happening with my PS3 using my Macbook. Perfect!

But then I started "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale" and then came the REALLY loud annoying static noise. No sound from game at all.

I muted the "USB Audio" to check whether the sound on my TV is also with that horrible static. No. Game works and sounds fine with my TV.

I tried to start a PS1 game "Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus" with my PS3, and it worked well. Sound of the game could be captured and no such static. My FAT PS3 died due to the Yellow Light of Death so I can't test any PS2 games atm. But I guess they'd work fine.

So the static seems only to be with PS3 games. What is this noise, where does it come from, and how can I fix that?

Thanks! Greetings from Germany,
Kons-T

Kons-T

Okay, huh, fixed it myself xD. If you have the same issue, just go to the sound settings on your PS3, select "audio output settings" -> "HDMI" and then "Manual" . Simply uncheck everything except the default "Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44. 1kHz" and "Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48kHz".

And then there should be no disturbing staric noise any more! :) At least it worked for me, now I can hear any PS3 games in OBS/Streamlabs :)

dee0319

Okay, huh, fixed it myself xD. If you have the same issue, just go to the sound settings on your PS3, select "audio output settings" -> "HDMI" and then "Manual" . Simply uncheck everything except the default "Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44. 1kHz" and "Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48kHz".

And then there should be no disturbing staric noise any more! :) At least it worked for me, now I can hear any PS3 games in OBS/Streamlabs :)
thank you, i was having the same issue and did what you said it fixed it, now it works perfect