External Audio Pass-through Applet

Hardlock

Hello OBS people.

First all I would like to say how excellent the software is, really love the simplicity of it and the functionality it offers.

I have a Request for the future of OBS or a separate Program that can be run on the side.

Can a separate program be made to access the 7.1 stream that is heard in my USB headset and downmixed to 2 channels to be captured by my external Elgato HD60.

Basically I play and record PC gaming footage, however I do the recording on a separate laptop. This allows me to have no CPU or GPU overhead from OBS. But the audio of the game has to be sent to the HDMI. But I like to play with my USB 7.1 headset. I know that OBS at the moment can 'tap' into the direct audio of what I am hearing.

If there was a little app that would run just on the background of my PC that would allow just duplicate the audio, I could enjoy my game-play far much more.

I would love to be able to do something like this myself, but have no knowledge of the coding to accomplish it.

It's just a thought, for the future.

Many Thanks

Martin

Hardlock

They only work in stereo, I have already tried them. Also there is also a considerable amount of audio delay.

I found out Elgato them selves are working on a Beta of exactly what I'm looking for. I've been testing it, it works well, with very low latency, however again, it only passes through stereo.