Existing controllers not detected - need to plug in AFTER launching OBS

infranscia

So I switched over to Linux a few months ago. (Ubuntu Mate, Noble LTS, in case it helps.) I tried doing a stream the other day, and I noticed something that didn't happen on Windows: Gamepad Viewer was showing my controller as disconnected, even though the controller itself worked fine. Even if I switched to the beta of the new version, it still happened. At the time, the only workaround I found was to open the website in my browser, and use Window Capture (which was kind of a pain, esp. since I couldn't get rid of the background color).

Today, I was messing around, and I noticed something: If I plug in my controller while OBS is already running, the Gamepad Viewer detects it just fine. It's only if I launch OBS while my controller is plugged in (and don't reconnect it) that it has problems.

Kind of a weird one, but yeah, figured it was report time.

The log is of opening OBS to a more-or-less empty scene collection, closing an error window that says OBS didn't close properly (it always does that... maybe I'll report it separately), pressing random buttons on my controller, unplugging it, replugging it, then pressing buttons again. Sure enough, Gamepad viewer didn't detect my controller at first, but it did after plugging it back in.

In case it makes any difference, I'm on the Flatpack version.

Attachments

• 2024-07-06 14-56-51.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 8