Exclude audio from other programs/windows

mrTee

Steam broadcast has a new feature which can limit the audio output to only current game, so you won't hear teamspeak/mumble/whatever from the background. This would be very useful for OBS also, to only broadcast audio from selected scenes. Many people want to stream a game to their friends and discuss it while playing, but dont want the audio to repeat in the background.

I know this can be fixed by using Virtual Audio Cable or second soundcard, but wouldn't this be easy option to set? I'm sure many people would appreaciate it.

Thanks,
mrTee

dping

Steam broadcast has a new feature which can limit the audio output to only current game, so you won't hear teamspeak/mumble/whatever from the background. This would be very useful for OBS also, to only broadcast audio from selected scenes. Many people want to stream a game to their friends and discuss it while playing, but dont want the audio to repeat in the background.

I know this can be fixed by using Virtual Audio Cable or second soundcard, but wouldn't this be easy option to set? I'm sure many people would appreaciate it.

Thanks,
mrTee
I believe this is already, if not planned, for OBS MP.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
It's not planned, nor is it implemented. Windows doesn't work that way. You can only capture audio devices, not specific programs. The only way around that is to use another audio device, like VAC, and have your VOIP program output to that.

dping

It's not planned, nor is it implemented. Windows doesn't work that way. You can only capture audio devices, not specific programs. The only way around that is to use another audio device, like VAC, and have your VOIP program output to that.
My bad! I saw a bunch of new audio stuff in MP and thought as such. Thanks for the clarity!