Exact/pixel adjustment on sources

biodude94566

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and like to get things lining up as perfectly as possible. Having the Center, Fit to Screen, and Reset Size adjustments on sources is amazing and works pretty damned well. But one thing that irks me is not being able to make sure everything is precisely the same size, even with the Edit Scene. So my suggestion is including a way to specify a source's size and location down to the pixel. Possibly under properties for each object. This could also help with things like global sources if you want a watermark in the same spot at the same size across all scenes.

Another thing I'd like to see is being able to enter "0" or some value in these size adjustments to where it will automatically scale the source according - for text it would be only as tall (or as wide, whichever) as the text takes up. For an image you could specify an X, but leave Y at "0" or the arbitrary value and it would automatically scale the image to the same aspect ratio.

Thank you for your consideration, and sorry if this has been suggested before!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
You can always edit the scenes.xconfig file in your %appdata%/obs directory to do pixel-perfect editing. As for text, it's more recommended to resize text by changing the font size in the text source instead of resizing the source itself, so that you don't get scaling artifacts.

biodude94566

dodgepong said:
You can always edit the scenes.xconfig file in your %appdata%/obs directory to do pixel-perfect editing.
Seems like a little much work for something that could be streamlined with some menu options. Laziness ahoy!
dodgepong said:
As for text, it's more recommended to resize text by changing the font size in the text source instead of resizing the source itself, so that you don't get scaling artifacts.
My biggest thing with text is trying to figure out how wide and tall I need the extents to be in order to center it on a given size without the text being lopsided. Being able to input "0" and have it automatically adjust the extents to no larger than the space of the text would make it easier to get centered text with a center alignment/justification.