Evo4 soundcard audio issues

Raximianus Raja

Hey. I have M1 MacBook pro and Evo4 (Audient) soundcard.

Now this soundcard has a loop-back function that lets you capture it's output. Simply in any daw you just add a stereo track and select loop-back L and loop-back R as it's corresponding inputs. Works perfectly fine.

A also use OBS from time to time as virtual camera mostly and it works perfectly fine too. Until I decided to record a quick tutorial video for my colleague at the studio.

So I added a screen capture, a camera and a mic as my sources. And again it worked... you guessed it - perfectly fine.

What I also needed to record is my Evo4 output. Since I have a loop-back function there was no trouble adding one more audio source. And it worked... not so perfectly fine.

The Evo4 source is stereo (L and R). It's always stereo unless you pan it to mono in EVO4 mixer. But the captured audio was still mono. Well stereo, but both L and R got the same signal. For VO it's fine. But for music or sfx it's not.

So I could not capture my sound cards stereo source in OBS. It works fine in Reaper or Cubase.

Has anyone had this issue?

spaceline13

Hello I am having the same issue and I just found your thread googling it. Have you found any solutions to this since then?