"error: xcb_composite_name_window_pixmap failed" and window capture (Xcomposite) doesn't work

glitch31415

I am on a Debian-based distro. I had OBS working completely earlier, but I messed up my wm, so I had to switch from xfwm4 to openbox. Since the switch, Xcomposite (window capture) doesn't work at all as a non-root user, and cuts off the bottom of a window if you run as root. I do use nvidia drivers, installed from apt, current version is 525.85.12-1.

I think I accidentally uninstalled something that was needed for Xcomposite. What package (if any) do I need to reinstall to get window capture to work again?

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 50
  • nonroot.png
    nonroot.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 50

bmccormick

I am similar in my problem. Mine is that i am on a fresh install Freebsd 13.1, installed the latest obs studio using pkg, and I can get all of obs to work flawlessly EXCEPT the window capture. I can not catch an application window. I can get full screen, I can get audio, I can capture video camera streams from two cameras. etc. JUST Cannot get the window capture to work. only thing related is I get an error of:

xcb_composite_name_window_pixmap failed

WHich I can not figure out how to fix. Any ideas anyone?

glitch31415

I am similar in my problem. Mine is that i am on a fresh install Freebsd 13.1, installed the latest obs studio using pkg, and I can get all of obs to work flawlessly EXCEPT the window capture. I can not catch an application window. I can get full screen, I can get audio, I can capture video camera streams from two cameras. etc. JUST Cannot get the window capture to work. only thing related is I get an error of:

xcb_composite_name_window_pixmap failed

WHich I can not figure out how to fix. Any ideas anyone?
Exact same issue as me. Literally everything else works.