Error: "Failed to connect to server" Facebook LIVE (Log file included)

dxt5345

Hello,

I followed a youtube video of steps to try to fix the error I keep receiving "Failed to connect to server" when trying to start a stream to Facebook LIVE. I have the stream key correct and I have tried numerous settings changes to try to resolve the error. Will someone please look over my logfile attached and let me know what might be causing my issue.

I have streamed previously to Twitch via my ps5 but this is my first time using the capture card to try to stream. I tried also streaming to Twitch with the capture card but I still get a similar error so I don't think the issue is with Facebook LIVE alone. I think my issue is with all streaming platforms.

Thank you ahead of time for any and all help. Let me know if there is any other information I need to provide to assist in figuring out a solution. I will be very active in finding a solution.

Attachments

• log11_26.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 111

.norman.

it is a problem connecting to facebook, either the server address is incorrect or your stream key is incorrect. verify you have internet connection and that it is working properly on this computer.

Code:
17:54:50.537: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
17:54:50.546: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Binding to IPv4
17:54:50.594: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz (802.11, 390 mbps)
17:54:50.758: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
17:54:50.758: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
17:54:50.758: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -2

dxt5345

it is a problem connecting to facebook, either the server address is incorrect or your stream key is incorrect. verify you have internet connection and that it is working properly on this computer.

Code:
17:54:50.537: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
17:54:50.546: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Binding to IPv4
17:54:50.594: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz (802.11, 390 mbps)
17:54:50.758: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
17:54:50.758: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
17:54:50.758: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -2
Hi Norman, I have tried using the Facebook LIVE connection and the Custom connection which requires to enter the server address and stream key. Both are copied over and pasted into OBS Studio and don't work. I also have figured out I am able to stream to youtube but not to Facebook or Twitch through OBS.

Any other tips of advice or things I can try?

.norman.

Hi Norman, I have tried using the Facebook LIVE connection and the Custom connection which requires to enter the server address and stream key. Both are copied over and pasted into OBS Studio and don't work. I also have figured out I am able to stream to youtube but not to Facebook or Twitch through OBS.

Any other tips of advice or things I can try?

it has been a while since i streamed to facebook. have you tried https://www.facebook.com/live/ingests/ look for the one with the lowest RTT and highest ingest. (in OBS choose custom in stream settings) put this address and your stream key into OBS.

edit: do you have facebook studio open when you are trying to stream to FB? in the past i could not stream to facebook unless fb studio was waiting on the connection. what i mean is, with youtube i can tell OBS to stream and youtube will auto start. facebook doesn't work that way, if facebook studio isn't setup first (everytime) it would not allow the connection. this may have changed. but i don't know.

Last edited:

dxt5345

Thank you Norman, I did what you suggested and looked up the Ingest URL and it was able to connect from OBS to Facebook LIVE!

Do you mind sharing with me what the difference with choosing the lowest RTT and highest ingest means? I don't know what and ingest URL is or what RTT means and stands for.

Thank you again for all your help with this.

.norman.

RTT is the time it takes for a packet to make a round trip. The ingest server URL is the server address you connect to in order to stream.