Encoding Overload - Trying to record 4 - 1080 cameras to 3840 x 2160 canvas.

timoelli

Hello!

I'm new to video so hope I'm in the right spot and asking a good question and using correct terms.

I have 4 - HD-SDI cameras hooked to a Blackmagic Design Decklink Duo 2. I'm able to record and stream fine with 1920 x 1080 canvas in all sorts of scene configurations. I was searching for a way to capture the video of each camera and have it available in HD to use in editing later. I came across an article that explained setting the canvas and output to 3840 x 2160, placing each 1080 camera in it's own quarter of the canvas, recording then cropping them out to their own individual video file after recording.

When I try recording like this I get the Encoding Overload message. I found some similar posts about Encoding Overload but was not able to determine my own specific problem from them. I'm not sure how to interpret the log file or where my issue is that prevents me from recording like this. I've tried various suggestions and settings changes and might have made a mess of things by this point.

Is this a valid method I'm trying to follow?

Does the log file, linked below, indicate a hardware, software, settings issue?

Thanks in advance for your time, any help greatly appreciated!

Tim

koala

You have a very old Kepler-based Nvidia GPU. It contains the first nvenc implementation, and it is not powerful enough to encode 4k video at 30 fps with the "High Quality" preset. Try the "High performance" preset instead, may be it will work.

timoelli

You have a very old Kepler-based Nvidia GPU. It contains the first nvenc implementation, and it is not powerful enough to encode 4k video at 30 fps with the "High Quality" preset. Try the "High performance" preset instead, may be it will work.
Thank you! Please pardon my video ignorance, is this a setting in NVIDIA Control Panel?