Question / Help Encoder Overloading With 4K - Any bitrate

Andyb313

Hi guys,

This is my first post here but i am having issued with very choppy 4k recording due to encode issues.

My Pc spec is
Ryzen 7 1700X
8GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1080 GPU

When recording in 4k i always get choppy recording due to encoder overloading. i even tried CBR at 1000 and the encoder overloads. If i change to 1080p no issues at all but any 4k recording is choppy.
My cpu usage is very low and ram is only at 50% when recording. I have tried software encoding and NVENC and get the same results.

In my log its set to a 1080p monitor as i did not have my 4k monitor hooked up but all settings are still set to 4k record

Can anyone help me here as i really cant figure this out?

Log Attached

Attachments

• log.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Harold

Change the color format back to nv12 in advanced.
And don't use WaveOut on video capture devices.

BK-Morpheus

After you change your color format back to nv12, you could reduce your Webcam settings (1080p 60fps is causing some load on CPU and USB bandwidth).
4k@60fps might not be realistic for the 1700x (at least not, when there is a game running at the same time).

Andyb313

There is no game running . this is for desktop recording. The webcam is not in use its just there if i need it

Andyb313

Change the color format back to nv12 in advanced.
And don't use WaveOut on video capture devices.
Thankyou! the capture device wasnt actually being used but changing my colour from RGB to nv12 has solved the issue. Perfectly smooth recordings now!

Thank you so much for your help