Question / Help Encoder overload issues

linkstman

Recently started streaming again after taking a break from it and now my streams keep getting micro stutters no matter what im doing. Here is a link to the log file Log File. I have tried playing around with all the settings in obs and nothing seems to make a difference. Changed encoders, resolution, Bitrates, Frame rate ext ext. Had a similar issue a long while ago but switching to the nvenc fixed it and that was only happening in games then so now im running out of ideas.

carlmmii

Encoding lag... using 10-series nvenc. Alright...

Can you run GPU-Z and take a screenshot of the main window during recording/streaming? Also possibly of the GPU load tab as well? And just to be thorough, get a screen grab of Task Manager's Performance tab for your GPU, with the encoder usage visible.

Last edited:

linkstman

Didint notice the ram usage before. both system and gpu ram. Also no I dont think my printer I dont have is causeing issues.

Attachments

• Gpu use.png
    Gpu use.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 63

carlmmii

Yeah, that memory usage seems quite high. I'd see about trying to figure out why your vram usage is nearly maxing out your card, as that is most likely causing the encoding troubles (high vram usage = less bandwidth to get frames to encoder).

linkstman

Its strange whenI start up Obs the Vram and Ram slowly go up untill obs is open, not even streaming. also dosent seem to effect gameplay somehow.

linkstman

Ok turns out a slideshow on my BrB scene was eating up all my Vram. After removing it I still drop frames but i think its somewhat better. heres a New log if it helps and a picture. the drop in core clock was when i ended the stream but left obs open. Boot time is almost near instant now for obs studio.

Attachments

• task2.png
    task2.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 44

carlmmii

Well, that definitely solves the inflated memory usage, and there's definite improvement, but the issue is still there.

Could you take screenshots of your OBS output settings, for both streaming and recording?

linkstman

Ok I went to go take a screenshot and saw the Nvench preset was set to High Quality I changed it to default and let it run for a few minutes and it seems that fixed it. Thanks for your help. Still wondering how a slideshow I had for years started to use up all that ram/vram.