Encoder overload issues - crosspost from reddit

Sivapriya

I've been broadcasting via obs for the past few years with no issues, but recently I've been getting encoder overload issues. I've tried reducing my output and also preset to superfast, to no avail.

This past weekend, I switched to a Quicksync, that went terribly, so I switched back. When I changed to ABR rate control, it seemed to fix it...so I thought. That was for a live in-person broadcast.

The following day, we did a broadcast with zoom and it was worse than ever. Changing bitrate to 900, having preset at superfast, nothing seemed to work.

I've tried disabling as many background processes as possible. I suspended onedrive syn during use.

I need help figuring this issue out. I work so hard to create nice broadcasts and now this sudden issue is baffling me. I have plenty of RAM and plenty of free HDD space. I'm sure in my frustration, I'm missing something.

Please let me know what else is needed to help me.

I'm on an acer aspire 5, with Windows 11

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2
Installed on ‎11/‎5/‎2022OS build 22621.1848
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0
Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

LOGS!
2023-06-17-11-05-47.txt
2023-06-18-09-06-10.txt

I'm hoping the answer isn't I need a new laptop :( It worked fine for a long time. I just don't understand. I haven't installed any new apps on it.

Tomasz Góral

Switch base resolution to output resolution.
Check your power efficiency on laptop, Game DVR to off, run as Admin.
Reset scenes (add profile) and check with minimal elements, and increase element to check when is bad.