Elgato support?

DemiGoth

I've read that the older versions of OBS support the Elgato Game Capture HD device, but the latest build (0.9.1) does not. Will it be included in a later stadium again? Though the Elgato software itself is pretty good (a lot better than the Roxio I used to have), OBS just has a couple of more options that'll extra value to streaming...

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
The elgato should be supported under windows in OBS-MP. Did you have problems selecting it as a video capture device? Or did you get an error? In latter case maybe show us a log file too.

DemiGoth

The elgato should be supported under windows in OBS-MP. Did you have problems selecting it as a video capture device? Or did you get an error? In latter case maybe show us a log file too.
I don't want to use windows capture for the Elgato. Seems a bit odd to do that while it has a pretty decent capture function itself ;) I did try to select it as video capture device but it's not showing up in OBS-MP. All I see is my webcam. This while with the old OBS I could select the Elgato but it crashes when using preview on 1920x1080. It also didn't show my PS3 output, but I later noticed that Elgato installed both HD and HD60 drivers. I could give the old OBS an other try...

[EDIT]
My Elgato is now working with OBS 0.651b. It responds just a bit faster than the Elgato software does

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
<- never mentioned window capture ?! :(
Did you use the 32bit or 64bit version of OBS-MP for your tests?
For safety, use the 32bit version of OBS(-MP). Unless elgato changed in the recent time, they do not suppply 64bit drivers.

If that does not fix your problem I would think it will not show up in the "old" OBS either, but if you have 5 minutes, testing is never bad. In general when users had this problem with the elgato they had to go through the usual, unplug-replug, uninstall-reinstall, several reboots process until it showed up again. Definitely also make sure you have the latest drivers from the elgato homepage.

DemiGoth

My bad about windows capture (a little tired here...)
I tried the 32bit version of OBS-MP and that's compatible with Elgato. Odd that they don't make x64 drivers while that certainly is the future ;) The only annoying thing though is that the Elgato is not pushing it's sound through OBS-MP and only allows it to be heard through the stream :( But if that's the only problem I have I can live with it.
Thanks for your help!