Question / Help Elgato Only working as video capture device sometimes

KantoKairyu

Hi! As the title says, my issue is that in order to make my Elagto HD 60 capturecard work with OBS I usually have to do a series of workarounds like restarting my computer and then launching OBS, or removing the elgato as a video capture device and then re-adding it, indeed sometimes it just doesn't work at all.
What's odd is that OBS always recognises the fact that the Elgato is connected, even if the gameplay feed isn't showing up on screen if I click on the input device in my scene, it still recognises that the elgato is connected, it just doesn't display any video or get the audio.

It usually takes anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour of twiddling, restarting, and other nonsense to get it to work, but thankfully once it does work it actually stays connected and gives smooth FPS, it's just getting the darn thing to start working that's the issue.

I'm not sure if this will be relevant, but here are my computer's specs, keep in mind that while I am using a macintosh, I have my HDD partitioned, so all of this is taking place on the Windows partition

2.3GHz quad core processor
16GB of RAM
Intel HD 4000 Graphics

https://obsproject.com/logs/aM4cOL_ZbL9fg3o1

I don't think this logfile is relevant though because none of these issues took place on stream, they all happened before I went live as I didn't go live until I got this to work