Elgato HD60S+ audio/video desyncs the more I reset my console

ddr4lyfe

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/gJm6_9vGZhSYsW9x

Trying to nail down this issue. Running most up to date OBS Studio as well as the SE.Live plugin (if that even matters).
Tested using both NES and SNES through our OSSC into our Elgato HD60S+
We've found that OBS for some reason will lose our game console's audio/video sync over time if we keep resetting our console. If we don't reset the console, the sync is fine the entire stream. We can reset the sync by deactivating then reactivating the Elgato source or by going into the Elgato's properties in OBS and changing the audio buffer option to any option, forcing an audio resync. The issue exists both on stream-side and local-side.
The issue does not exist when using the standalone Elgato 4K Capture Utility or when connecting the OSSC directly to a TV, ignoring all of the streaming equipment.
We've tried changing audio sample rates, disabling/enabling audio buffering for the Elgato, using the 3.5mm input jack on the Elgato for audio, disabling/enabling timestamps for Desktop Audio, etc.

cyclemat

Did you try Start obs as admin
did you have HDR on ?
what refreshrate shows the HD60 in the settings menu
1645197673158.png

is the desync only in the live picture or in the recording too ?

Last edited:

ddr4lyfe

Did you try Start obs as admin
did you have HDR on ?
what refreshrate shows the HD60 in the settings menu
View attachment 80472
is the desync only in the live picture or in the recording too ?

Clicking Configure Video on our HD60S+ only has a Video Proc Amp tab; I don't see Custom Properties or Video Decoder tabs. Running OBS as Admin does not solve the desync issue. The desync exists when monitoring the audio through the speakers, in recordings, and on stream.
unknown.png

ddr4lyfe

Yes, there are options that I can change in the 4K Capture Utility application, but none of them had any effect on the issue in OBS.