Elgato Game Capture HD60 PRO, does it have lossless transfer?

Hi,

anyone know if the HD60 Pro has lossless transfer,
meaning it doesn't hardware encode before sending that data to the PC.

And if so, what's the latency?
I am thinking of buying one to play on my PC as i don't have any TV or monitors that's 16:9 friendly,
but i don't want too much added latency etc, so any details on this would be awesome.

(Oh and of course if there are alternatives do share)

Was my question perhaps unclear as no one has answered.
Or is it simply not that many that use this card or know of alternatives?
Find it a bit hard to believe as 1080p should be the common range as far as i know,
but then again i am asking this cause i don't know what's recommended out there;P

I am open for anything and grateful for whatever might come this way as well, so don't be afraid ladies and gentlemen!:)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Probably because this isn't really an OBS question, it's an Elgato question. I recommend asking Elgato about this.

petersmith69

i
Hi,

anyone know if the HD60 Pro has lossless transfer,
meaning it doesn't hardware encode before sending that data to the PC.

And if so, what's the latency?
I am thinking of buying one to play pokemon go on my PC as i don't have any TV or monitors that's 16:9 friendly,
but i don't want too much added latency etc, so any details on this would be awesome.

(Oh and of course if there are alternatives do share)

I have the same doubt.Even i am planning to by one.
this thread is comparatively less active but above 2 options seems relaiable
all the best
Regards

Last edited:
Yeah know it's not OBS per se, just thought it was a higher chance of ppl with knowledge being here than other places,
thought the official forum would be where "simple gamers" would go, don't mean that in a bad way,
but it's usually the case with technical stuff, you don't get details at the official forums vs forums that use those technical stuff.

But will give it a shot as it was surely a wrong move to ask here:P