Elgato Capture Card and Hauppauge Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triscy

Alright, so I'm making this thread on behalf of myself, a friend, and my brother. I use the Hauppauge Colossus capture card, while my brother and friend use the Elgato HD capture card.

Is there any way you could work out getting direct support for these capture cards?

micechal

What exactly support do you mean? If they don't support DirectShow output you're out of luck as for now and you'll have to wait until x264 input will be supported in OBS, which is planned and all you can do for now is wait, or use window capture on your capture device's 'control panel' displaying currently captured data (if such panel exists).

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hauppauge cards - The issue with these cards is they output only in h264, which has to be decoded. Which means I have to implement a decoder to be able to use them. I should be able to do it, but it will take some time.

Elgato - For these cards, apparently they have no directshow drivers. From what I am hearing they only allow you to use their proprietary program. I've also heard they made a deal for xsplit exclusivity. If this is the case, there is nothing I can do, as they would be purposely denying their users from using the card in any app.

Triscy

Well that's disappointing news. Ahh well; at least there's some hope for my card out of the lot.

Thanks for the response.

grantcoll

Thanks Jim, that is very interesting, and explains a lot.

The Elgato is recognised by xsplit, but the performance stutters so badly, that if you are serious about reasonable performance, you discount that as an option. I have bought 2 of these, and consider them a waste of money.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
This is a super duper old thread. OBS has supported Elgato devices for a while now. Note that they only work in 32bit OBS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.