Question / Help El Gato HD60s Massive frame rate drops in preview and stream - does not happen on Game Capture HD

RDB14

Hello all

This is my log file.

I am using an El Gato HD60s on OBS Studio and in the preview and subsequent stream there is a big issue with frame drops. This issue happens whether I stream or not. However, when I use Game Capture HD (El Gato's software) I don't have this issue. This makes me believe it's something to do with OBS or the settings inside OBS but I can't work out a fix at all. I am obviously using OBS Link and considered just getting a different El Gato version that works without the OBS link app in the hope that this would solve the issue somehow. I thought I should check here first. How can it be that Game Capture HD works very well but OBS does not? I also get a slight issue with the sound being ever so slightly out of sync but this frame rate issue is a much bigger problem.

Any and all help would be massively appreciated. Feeling very frustrated.

Narcogen

Elgato's support on MacOS is bad.

You'd be better off with a similar project from Magewell, BlackMagic or AJA.

RDB14

Elgato's support on MacOS is bad.

You'd be better off with a similar project from Magewell, BlackMagic or AJA.
Thank you for the honest reply. Do you think the AVerMedia GC553 Live Gamer Ultra would be suitable and have less issues with OBS? I am considering picking one up tomorrow, I just want to use OBS with minimal issues.

DaveT

El Gato Cam Link and HD60S+ both have UVC (camera control) and should work fine on Mac. Essentially sees them as a webcam. Any other models you'll run into issues with outside the El Gato software.

Note at least the HD60S+ has a CPU requirement. Has to be certain generation or newer, and forget which one off the top of my head.

RDB14

El Gato Cam Link and HD60S+ both have UVC (camera control) and should work fine on Mac. Essentially sees them as a webcam. Any other models you'll run into issues with outside the El Gato software.

Note at least the HD60S+ has a CPU requirement. Has to be certain generation or newer, and forget which one off the top of my head.
Thank you for the reply, Dave.. It is the HD60S that I am having these issues with unfortunately. It works fine in the El Gato software but not in OBS.