Edit Scenes live without showing them live

Fas

Hi guys!
I got another question that came to my mind actually some time ago.

I'm currently broadcasting many Dota 2 tournaments and part of our coverage is the proper setup of the scenes with the logos of the teams that are current playing and so on.

So when one match is over and I go to the 'Between Games' Scene I still have the images of the emblem of the previous matchup and have to edit them live, enabling the new image, placing it on the right place...
Meanwhile I have to edit the text displaying the time for the next matchup and so on.

I actually wouldn't want the viewers to see all of this, so what I'm looking for:
Can I edit a scene in OBS while streaming without making it visible to the viewers?
So I can prepare the next scene, place all the images right, edit the text so it fits to the next matchup without doing this live on screen, rather in advance?

I hope you get my point ;)

Yours,
Fas

Xianahru

You are using pcitures as input files, am I correct?
You could just uncheck the source and change the filepath.
Should just work fine the same with any text sources you have.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Xianahru said:
You are using pcitures as input files, am I correct?
You could just uncheck the source and change the filepath.
Should just work fine the same with any text sources you have.
You don't even have to do that. Just check the box that says "Check for file changes" and the image will update in-place as soon as the image detects that it has been updated.

So one option would be to make sure the logos are all the same size, then paste over the logos with the new logos when you want to change them.

DopeGhoti

Even so, in general, it would be very helpful to be able to have one scene 'live', and another displayed locally for editing and customization so that preparations can be made 'on the fly'.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I agree, though this feature has been requested many times and it will be a while before it gets implemented.

Fas

Ok thanks guys.

For the time being I'll follow your instructions, I'm looking forward to a future implementation of the feature though :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It's definitely not forgotten, and is planned. Like I said, it will be a while before it is implemented.

Lenwe

DopeGhoti said:
Even so, in general, it would be very helpful to be able to have one scene 'live', and another displayed locally for editing and customization so that preparations can be made 'on the fly'.

Agree. Event X-Split doesn't support this feature, it would be a great added value to OBS.

PeaceDealer

Sorry for bringing an old thread to life again, found this on google...

Has this feature been implemented? If so, where do i find it?
Else, are there any progress updates?