Due to the new Chrome update, the obs studio browser stopped working.

deFrisselle

Please post an OBS log from a recording or streaming session
Does the webpage you have for the source open in Chrome with no issues

Rangel Martins

Please post an OBS log from a recording or streaming session
Does the webpage you have for the source open in Chrome with no issues

line analysis : 14:54:54.047: [obs-browser: 'Navegador'] Error: Uncaught (in promise) Error: Server responded with 404

re
ok, I'm sending log file with the problem. suddenly stopped playing videos from prime video and other streams within the obs studio browser.

(important:
It may seem strange, unusual for some users to do this, but I particularly do it, watching streaming content within OBS STudio is not for illegal purposes but for private purposes, watching content privately, I believe there is no problem.

*Playback of media from streaming services in obs studio)

Attachments

• 2024-01-26 14-53-47.txt
    25.9 KB · Views: 14

Rangel Martins

Another log record for the community to analyze and try to unravel the error and solve the problem.

[obs-browser: '<unknown>'] Error: Uncaught (in promise) CancelError: The operation was cancelled

PT-BR: "Atualização do Google Chrome necessária, Uma versão mais recente do Google Chrome é necessária para usar o Prime Video"

Attachments

• 2024-01-26 15-06-09.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 11

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The message comes from the site you're opening in the browser, not OBS. OBS browser will be based on Chrome v103 for the foreseeable future, if a site has a requirement for a newer version then we can't do anything about that.

Rangel Martins

The message comes from the site you're opening in the browser, not OBS. OBS browser will be based on Chrome v103 for the foreseeable future, if a site has a requirement for a newer version then we can't do anything about that.
Ok, I'll wait for Chrome v103 to be released. Thanks.

Plotdot

Hi, this just to add that I have experienced the same problem for a couple of weeks ( in Denmark), so I guess the problem is fast growing around the world: When connecting to broadcast stream apps via the built-in browser I get a black screen with the message to update the (built in) browser - which we ordinary users cannot. An update would be much appreciated since recording from screen via external browser, is inconviennent and in my case gives a jumpy result. I have atteched a log file from one try, just for information. Anyway, thanks to all the dedicated people developing and maintaining the OBS. (Yes, recording stream from broadcast apps is allowed, distribution isn't).

Attachments

• 2024-02-08 11-39-40.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 11