Question / Help Dual monitor streaming cuts off the second monitor.

moxaji

FIXED! ( Or at least worked around it )
I managed to get the window capture to work by switching my main monitor from my laptop screen, to be my second monitor ( my cintiq.)

Hello,

I have a problem with my OBS when I use a dual monitor setup for streaming.
I have a drawing tablet and every time I try to stream that screen, OBS cuts a majority of it off and only shows a part of the screen. My tablet's monitor has 2k resolution and my laptop's monitor has a 4k resolution. I tried to fiddle with both of them but nothing seems to be helping.
I have the same issue wether I want to display a game capture, a window capture, or the whole screen.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them!

Here is my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/EYIjgnwz1RqORQcJ The window that was SUPPOSED to be captured is this one: https://gyazo.com/a3df6967de5a6e305c670538f50ca94c but as you can see, it was cut off
1555512052931.png

EDIT WITH MORE INFO: Displaying the whole second monitor works fine but it heats up my laptop really badly. I need to be able to record just a window on the screen(which is just one process), and not the whole screen( which is all of the processes that are currently running on my computer, hence the CPU overload)

Last edited:

Narcogen

Your canvas resolution is 720p. If you're capturing a 2K or 4K source, you need to resize the source to fit your canvas.

Right click on your source in the source list, choose the "transform" option from the dropdown, and select "fit to screen".

moxaji

Your canvas resolution is 720p. If you're capturing a 2K or 4K source, you need to resize the source to fit your canvas.

Right click on your source in the source list, choose the "transform" option from the dropdown, and select "fit to screen".
Hi,

I have done that but it literally just resizes the same chunk to fit my obs screen. It doesn't change anything.

Narcogen

You probably need to increase your canvas resolution to that of your largest source, then.

If that still doesn't then I'm not sure why it's happening.

moxaji

You probably need to increase your canvas resolution to that of your largest source, then.

If that still doesn't then I'm not sure why it's happening.
My higher resolution is 4k on my laptop and a window in there gets captured perfectly. When I try to capture a window on my other screen ( the 2k cintiq ) it doesnt work.