DSLR Through capture card constantly freezing

Phantommaccas

Good Afternoon,
I have recently encountered a major issue that is currently making OBS and Streamlabs completely unusable.

I am running a DSLR (Sony A7iii) through a Mirabox capture card into a USB3.0 port and through OBS as a monitor when recording and through Streamlabs OBS for streaming.

Previously I had a couple of issues with it freezing if I was recording for a real prolonged period of time but without anything that I know of changing it has started freezing constantly, I'll get maybe 2 or 3 seconds before it freezes, after a while it'll come back and then again after a few seconds it will freeze again. It also distorts the image quite regularly.

I've followed advice on various different posts about changing FPS settings, making sure that it is the only thing plugged into those USB ports and have done everything I can think of but without any success.

This setup has been great as I've not had to purchase an expensive camera monitor but at the moment it's looking like I am going to have to fork out a lot of cash unless you guys are able to help me resolve this.

My log file is here:

Thanks guys!

Lawrence_SoCal

Streamlabs OBS [SLOBS] is a derivative version of OBS Studio, with the front-end hacksawed off and a webpage slapped over the top by the Streamlabs folks.
You should reach out to Streamlabs <https://support.streamlabs.com/hc/en-us> for support with their forked version.

That said, what have you done to monitor your USB Root Hub? Why are you trying to capture 60 fps from the DSLR?
You are most likely overwhelming the USB port at 60 fps (or the capture card, etc)
What level of hardware resource utilization monitoring are you doing?

Phantommaccas

You should reach out to Streamlabs <https://support.streamlabs.com/hc/en-us> for support with their forked version.

That said, what have you done to monitor your USB Root Hub? Why are you trying to capture 60 fps from the DSLR?
You are most likely overwhelming the USB port at 60 fps (or the capture card, etc)
What level of hardware resource utilization monitoring are you doing?

To be honest I'm not as worried about the Streamlabs side as my usage is predominantly purely as a monitor to allow me to set manual focus etc, it just happens that I am having the same problem through Streamlabs as I do through OBS itself.

I've used USBdeview which states that there is seemingly no issue with the device itself, I can't find any way of being able to monitor my USB bandwidth on Windows 10 though.
I was using 60fps as it will allow me some level of slow motion. This issue does however occur in exactly the same manner if I am sending through a 24FPS from the camera's HDMI output.
In terms of CPU, GPU and Memory Usage OBS barely touches it. I usually encounter about 20-30% GPU usage, under 10% CPU and less than 1% Memory usage.