DSK(Down Stream Keyer) Like Feature

Stu385

If there was a button that could activate a down stream keyer for titles, PIPs, etc on any scene that was currently active it would make it a lot easier than having to copy titles to many different scenes if they are used a lot. Here is an example of what a DSK is.(scroll to Downstream Keyers)

INS4NITY

This would certainly be helpful, it would drastically reduce the number of scenes needed to show "simple" things like lower thirds that are likely to be wanted overlaid across multiple sources

Edit: Even adding a "Show/hide source to program" hotkey option would go a long way towards making this functional. That way we could just duplicate the source across all the scenes and then show/hide it live across all of them with a single button press. This is different from current behavior because showing/hiding a source doesn't send the change live, it only does so in preview

Last edited:

INS4NITY

This would certainly be helpful, it would drastically reduce the number of scenes needed to show "simple" things like lower thirds that are likely to be wanted overlaid across multiple sources

Edit: Even adding a "Show/hide source to program" hotkey option would go a long way towards making this functional. That way we could just duplicate the source across all the scenes and then show/hide it live across all of them with a single button press. This is different from current behavior because showing/hiding a source doesn't send the change live, it only does so in preview
Just realized that I'm a little silly and missed the "Duplicate Scene" setting in the quick transitions panel. Still, though, it would be nice to have a way to fade or transition the scenes as well, as just having them pop in can be a little jarring

Jack70

I am using 2 scenes for every camera. One with only the camera and one with camera + all keyer sources. That way I can fade in and out a keyer. Programmed the keyers to the hotkey numbers 1 to 9. It is possible, but difficult not making a switching fault in the live stream.

I really hope that turning on and off a source can be possible only in the preview (may be by a setting in the config)! That would reduce the number of scenes and makes switching easier.

PASS Studio

Just a what im looking at is run 2 obs 1 orignal and 1 portable portable=DSK using NDI multiple Vitrual Camera Etc to bring the source into another obs as a work around

RichieTee

Guys check this out from Exeldro

This feature should be available in OBS 28, it was not included in OBS 27 so i'm projecting.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
This feature should be available in OBS 28, it was not included in OBS 27 so i'm projecting.
Plans have not been made for what features will be in v28 yet. If a DSK feature is added, it may end up working differently from the way it's implemented in Exeldro's plugin.