Question / Help Dropping frames while recording?

k c

I'm dropping frames while recording. I've watched some videos and read threads but still not sure as I've followed alot of procedures. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my logs for a short recording session. If it is too short I can record a longer one if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Logs --> https://hastebin.com/bopomorari.sql

Simracer223

Yeah I am also having the same issue, can post vids later, but running an i7 8700k and a 1080ti. Would love to know a fix for this.

Ryan Johnson

I had this problem, and after making sure that all settings were set to default and my encoder was set to software x264 and not HEVC (since my GPU is old), I figured out it was a problem with a virtual webcam splitter app I was using called KVYcam. If you need to use a splitter app, find one that uses efficient repacking or recoding algorithms or passes the video through with no processing. As of right now, I do not know of one like this. An OBS sister project for this would be really useful. OBS has a sister project, but I'm not sure if this is a passthru or if this pipes OBS's output into a webcam device driver. I tried Splitter and KVYcam. Splitter was chock full of ads for myfreecams, and KVYcam was made by a Russian guy a while back, so it definitely isn't up to date. It has annoying "put your ad here" signs in the app; both of them put a bottleneck in the webcam processing pipeline; and neither supports 60 fps output, only 30 fps.