Question / Help Dropping frames no matter what settings I use or what game i play

Matthew Johnson

Hi guys,
Ive been streaming with obs for a few months now and haven't had any problems until recently. I've been dropping frames down to about 11fps (should be 30). and the thing is it doesn't matter what I stream, whether its PUBG on medium settings, to Clone Hero, to Doki Doki.

For the sake of being easy I reset my settings back to the recommended setup wizard settings that I haven't messed with at all and set the framerate desired to 30 (Whoops just saw it was set to 60 after I posted).

My internet speed is currently: DOWN- 880MBPS, UP- 960MBPS

Here is the link to my test stream log: https://gist.github.com/2d0b100bba500fb77b28ec4ce1dd3830

thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Delete all but one game capture source, and remove all window/display capture sources. All those scenes you have on are causing the GPU to overload even on games like Doki Doki Literature Club

Matthew Johnson

Delete all but one game capture source, and remove all window/display capture sources. All those scenes you have on are causing the GPU to overload even on games like Doki Doki Literature Club

so to clarify, I only have 1 capture source in the scene I'm using. do I need to delete the other capture source from the other scenes I have even when they aren't in use?

For future knowledge does obs attempt to capture everything in every scene even when those aren't in use?

Matthew Johnson

So I removed all the game capture sources and deleted a bunch of unnessesary scenes. I tested it again on clone hero and even hovering around 40% usage on both cpu and gpu I was still getting a very low framerate.

Is there anything else I need to remove, like my face fame video from each scene?

And to reiterate my comment above, does OBS try to read every scene I have created even when not being used. Is there a way to store these scene setups somewhere so that I don't have to create them every time I want to play a game?

Here is an updated log.
https://gist.github.com/e3606f1d703cc5b9c78e58dc4393699c