Dropped frames when streaming to YouTube

SoulFoxGaming

Hi there. So I've been having this issue off and on with YouTube Livestreaming for awhile now. Most streams begin and have small hiccups of dropped frames, but recently it is happening even at the beginning of a stream. The very moment I start streaming. This has happened on both of youtube's servers(primary and backup) here is a log and any help is greatly appreciated. https://obsproject.com/logs/R2Mye2QD-lEOs0To

magicnut

Does the issue only happen particular to youtube servers or did you also try to stream say on twitch and dropped frames there?
Can you try to do a packet loss test I am curious https://packetlosstest.com/ see if you have any packet loss?
I was dropping some Frames due to packet loss from time to time.

magicnut

Try to download Twitch Bandwidth Test and test out your connection to local twitch servers.
https://r1ch.net/projects/twitchtest The quality rating should be minimum in the 80s and on a good connection high 90s or 100.
When I ran the test and had dropped frames usually I had in the teens or 0 quality.

Sukiyucky

21:11:32.982: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2...
21:11:32.984: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
21:11:33.347: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 successful
21:11:33.347: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] New socket loop enabled by user

Disable Advanced | Network | Enable network optimizations if you have it enabled

SoulFoxGaming

21:11:32.982: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2...
21:11:32.984: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
21:11:33.347: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 successful
21:11:33.347: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] New socket loop enabled by user

Disable Advanced | Network | Enable network optimizations if you have it enabled
Ok I disabled network optimizations. I'll see how that works for the next stream.

SoulFoxGaming

I'd recommend running twitch bandwidth test to see if the issue remains on twitch servers or is pertaining only to the youtube server.

Attachments

• fKoRxN8.png
    fKoRxN8.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 171

magicnut

Yeah the quality is sketchy on many servers though usually that's still manageable.
I'd recommend setting a variable bitrate to compensate for network instability (that helped me a lot personally) < days when my connection is dookie frame drops are rare since the bitrate just drops automatically (be aware sometimes ur bitrate might drop to really low say if you stream at 6000 it can drop to perhaps as low as 1200 for a short time until your connection more stable)
On good days I'd get 100 or close to 100 (say 90ish) on all across the US even west coast servers (im in NJ)
Go in your obs , settings > advanced and click that checkmark.

Attachments

• dynamic bitrate.jpg
    dynamic bitrate.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 321