Question / Help Dropped Frames only in OBS

JustinBends

I recently made the move from XSplit to OBS, hearing that it was free, less resource-intensive than XSplit, and at the same time offered the same quality and whatnot.

So, I followed several guides posted here and made my settings similar to my XSplit settings, and I even tested local recordings for quality and in-game FPS loss. So, I decided that since all of those were successful, I'd go live.

My broadcast had an atrocious amount of dropped frames (5000 in a 20 minute cast) and although the quality was certainly better than what XSplit provided, my identical settings dropped zero frames in XSplit. Can anyone help me with this? Is this a problem with my settings, my computer, or something else? Any help is appreciated.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If the quality was better than your settings can't have been identical. Please post a log file.

seronx

Start OBS
Settings
Settings
Advanced
Network[]
Check (Use Send Buffer)

Start with the smallest buffer and go up if you continue getting dropped frames. Everyone who had your issue did this and that fixed the problem.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
seronx said:
Start OBS
Settings
Settings
Advanced
Network[]
Check (Use Send Buffer)

Start with the smallest buffer and go up if you continue getting dropped frames. Everyone who had your issue did this and that fixed the problem.
That is an old fix and shouldn't need to be done anymore. Increasing the size of the send buffer is probably not the best way to fix this.

He should post a log file first, and probably a speedtest too.