Question / Help Droping frames when useing LOGITECH C922 PRO WEB CAM WITH RTX 2080 TI

USERMAC

I am new to all of this and am trying to learn how to use OBS Studio but I am having some trouble when it comes to streaming and using my web cam at the same time.

My main issue is the web cam is causing the stream to drop frames and becomes unwatchable. I am thinking it has something to do with NVENC H.26 but I could be wrong.

With the cam turned off it does not matter if my GPU hits 99% utilisation the stream is locked 60 fps smooth stream however if I turn the cam on I have to make sure that GPU utilisation stays below 80% otherwise the streaming encoder warning pops ups and fps drops.

I wanted to make the most of the 720p 60 fps cam but can not so far.

System Specs

I9 9900K
16 GB MEMORY
RTX 2080 TI

Broadband speed

80 Mbps Down, 20Mbps Up

One thing that does seem to help is when it comes to adding the web cam is leaving everything to default settings and then all is fine accept the picture quality and frame rate is on the very low side.

I am wondering if the web cam should be using the CPU instead some how to do the encoding as the RTX Card can not really do it thing with its new streaming encoder if the web cam is also using the GPU to encode utilising GPU.

Any help on getting the most out of this web cam with OBS Studio I would really appreciate thanks