Before talking about the problem, the main components of my PC are:
CPU: i7 8700k (4,8 GHz);
RAM: 16GB (3000 MHz);
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 8Gb;
SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 512 Gb;
In system 2 monitors:
Acer Predator XB271HU (2560x1440);
HP 24er (1920x1080).
With regard to the speed of the Internet, according to SpeedTest.net - outgoing and incoming speeds in excess of 300 Mbit / s.
speedtest.net.jpg

The problem is that there is a conflict between OBS Studio with any running game. The game is running on Acer monitor (2560x1440) and OBS on another HP 24er (1920x1080). Lags appear in the preview mode and without it, even with the newly installed OBS - without scenes and any sources. In the lower right corner, shows the CPU load and the number of frames at the output. It is exactly 60 fps specified in the program, in this situation drawdowns to 5-20, and even below fps occur.
OBS.jpg

At the same time, neither the recording nor the stream was launched ... In the game itself everything is fine, the picture is smooth, it is very pleasant to play. If, however, you start streaming or recording, then drawdowns on fps begin to occur in the game, with the essential ones dropping from 120-180 fps to 60 fps and lower, and it doesn't matter if the settings are ultra low or the lowest. Also in OBS at any settings, be 1000 bitrate and superfast mode ... Also, the change of the encoder does not save. CPU load does not exceed 40%. As for the drivers - all the freshest.
As I understand the problem is not in the program settings. There is some kind of conflict between OBS and games, or maybe just exe files.
When writing overlay GEFORCE EXPERIENCE everything is in order, the picture in the game is smooth and there are no fps drawdowns. If you take the latest versions of OBS Studio or earlier ones, the result is the same - lags when the game is running and OBS. The same problems in OBS Classic, in Xsplit, streamlabs obs ...
Already, as a week I try to find a problem because of what it is happening and already give up ... In general, I hope for help your friends help. Sorry for the incorrect translation, because I used Google translate.

Attachments

• Log file (OBS).txt
    6 KB · Views: 26

carlmmii

• Upgrade to the latest OBS build (22.0.2 at this time).
  • Turn off Game DVR.
  • Cap your in-game fps

If you're still having issues, post a log with an actual recording attempt. Doesn't matter if you're seeing this issue even without recording/streaming, the logs have important information that isn't shown without it (namely whether you're encountering rendering lag).

JIeB_Lain

• Upgrade to the latest OBS build (22.0.2 at this time).
  • Turn off Game DVR.
  • Cap your in-game fps

If you're still having issues, post a log with an actual recording attempt. Doesn't matter if you're seeing this issue even without recording/streaming, the logs have important information that isn't shown without it (namely whether you're encountering rendering lag).
I did everything as you said. I attach the report, I hope there will be something useful.

https://obsproject.com/logs/78CxGbFLO8olKfFI

Narcogen

You're still overloading your GPU. And according to that log, your Windows Game DVR is still on.

18:48:55.346: Windows 10 Gaming Features:
18:48:55.346: Game DVR: On

18:50:41.056: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 555 (12.9%)

JIeB_Lain

You're still overloading your GPU. And according to that log, your Windows Game DVR is still on.

18:48:55.346: Windows 10 Gaming Features:
18:48:55.346: Game DVR: On

18:50:41.056: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 555 (12.9%)
Turned off the record of replays, and tried to record. If I understood correctly...
https://obsproject.com/logs/sEwxEeMkS2QiF4c7

I do not understand where to turn off
18:56:57.917: Windows 10 Gaming Features:
18:56:57.917: Game DVR: On

Last edited:

Narcogen

22:24:47.182: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1560 (9.7%)

GPU overload.