Question / Help Does window capture just not work with a lot of windows?

Indraneelan

I can't grab an input from Scrble lite in window capture, which is what I need, but in checking I found I couldn't grab an input from the Microsoft edge windows either, though I could grab from ExpressVPN and Windows Voice Recorder. I don't want to have to use display capture as a work around, does anyone know what the problem could be? The capture method is set to automatic, but it doesn't work whatever I set it to anyway.

Log is here - https://obsproject.com/logs/Knbhw3icvLeYEDQH

Some help please?

Indie

FerretBomb

Exactly it. Edge can't be captured at all outside of a Display Capture. UWP/MS Store games generally can with a Game Capture (with a few exceptions still!) if OBS is installed to the default location (otherwise, you have to jump through a bunch of security hoops). Not sure they can be Window Captured at all.

Thank Microsoft, and their 'enhanced security measures'.

Indraneelan

Exactly it. Edge can't be captured at all outside of a Display Capture. UWP/MS Store games generally can with a Game Capture (with a few exceptions still!) if OBS is installed to the default location (otherwise, you have to jump through a bunch of security hoops). Not sure they can be Window Captured at all.

Thank Microsoft, and their 'enhanced security measures'.

Thanks, well thankfully another problem I found ,my Logitech c920 having really shitty output to every program I use it with (-what's with that?) is fixed by using Logitech capture which outputs as a virtual camera so it can come in as a video capture. And that is a rudimentary streaming software that can capture Scrble. I guess it's an inelegant fix but it does fix two problems at once so I'll run with it.