Does OBS Studio have an Beauty Skin Filter?

Bumbleb3e

I have reported your comment and have nothing to do, trying to turn an orc into miss universe. Every app like Insta, Snapchat, even other Webcam-Software have such skin-smoothing effects, cause the light can intensivy structures and so on.

koala

Well, it's supposed to be a little joke. I'm sorry if you feel offended. The relevant part of my answer was: "No".

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Please be kind, there's no need for those kinds of personal attacks, even as a joke.

We do not have any kind of filters like that, no. Some third party plugins support arbitrary shaders, so there might be something possible with a custom shader, but nothing out of the box I am aware of. If you join our Discord, there's a few members who like a challenge in creating those kinds of filters who might be willing to help out.

Country girl

Hey yawl, I hope I am at the right place... I'm a cam model and used splitcam for a while but there is to many "bugs" and it keeps crashing... I started using the obs with some of the plugins and its much better... the only thing I wish is that the option like on splitcam where you can smooth the skin ... is there for obs also a plugin maybe? cant someone do that for us please? Anyway thanks in advance! ✌

khaver

I've created a Lua script de-blemishing filter. Just waiting for forum admin approval.
DeBlemish00a.jpg

DeBlemish01.jpg

DeBlemish02.jpg

Suslik V

@khaver Ha-ha, the picture selection was a nice joke. :) By the way, the next filter in need - is real-time censor with butterflies. It is nice to have it too. I can only imagine how much computing power is needed for all this real-time tasks...

Side note (my own opinion on feature/idea, not on its implementation). Any filter will not give you a perfect picture. The makeup can do it better. For still images it is better to have short-focus optics or maximum closed diaphragm to get maximum depth of field (this always requires additional light). People like to examine images, that is why maximum depth of field is needed. For moving pictures (videos) the focus loss annoys more than anything else. The fixed focus picture in my opinion is way better than floating focus, but this forces you to stay away from the close ups.

khaver

@Suslik V, yes, makeup is the preferred way to smooth blemishes for being on camera, but I'll bet 99% of on-camera OBS users would never take the time to put on makeup, especially when you can just slap on a filter. If it can help the 500+ year old Mona Lisa, it can probably help some of today's users. The key to these kinds of filters is not to over-do it, or you get that plastic skin look.