do you have any idea how to mirror the screen so is the same in OBS as in the first PC take the video signal from

lsepolis123

I have purchased a cheap capture device HDMI 2 usb3-A but when captured SUCCESS from one PC screen [Windows 10 Home] to another in OBS [Windows 10 Pro], the screen wasn’t mirrored but extended, do you have any idea how to mirror the screen so is the same in OBS as in the first PC take the video signal from…?

2022-03-08_14-36-33.jpg

Zeros.81

I assume your source computer has his own monitor, so yo have connected the second output from the Graphics Card to the HDMI2USB capture card. This card is attached to you recording/streaming computer.

You have to change the Display Configuration in the source computer to Duplicate the screens. The instructions to do this are in the link

Last edited:

koala

A capture device appears as monitor to Windows. Some capture devices have passthrough connectors where you can connect a monitor, so what Windows outputs to the capture device is also visible on the monitor connected to the passthrough connector of the capture device. Capture devices that don't have a passthrough connector can be configured in Windows to "duplicate output" of some existing monitor. If you just extend the desktop to such a capture device instead of duplicating output of an existing monitor, you will be unable to see what's visible on that monitor. You configure monitors in Windows settings->System->Display.

lsepolis123

"change the Display Configuration in the source computer to Duplicate the screens. The instructions to do this are in the link"

I just do this, but before I disconnected the screen/monitor of the source computer, so only the screen left the "HDMI2USB capture card" in the second OBS PC... after connecting the screen/monitor of the source computer, and choosing DUPLICATED DISPLAYS, and worked...!!! see shots attached

Attachments

• 2022-03-08_14-36-33.jpg
    2022-03-08_14-36-33.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 2022-03-17_08-18-08.jpg
    2022-03-17_08-18-08.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 2022-03-17_08-19-50.jpg
    2022-03-17_08-19-50.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 50
  • 2022-03-17_08-21-12.jpg
    2022-03-17_08-21-12.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 49

Jordan450

Hey guys.. I just want to ask a question that is very similar. I know how to set my capture device and monitors up in regard to duplicating screens but I keep running into an issue. I am on a 49-inch 5120x1440 monitor. The highest I can go with the 4k Capture card is 4096x2160 when looking at its max resolution before duplicating. The problem is when I duplicate the screens it takes my nice-looking gaming monitor down to meet up with a new max resolution of 3840x1080 with is much lower than both. I am getting the gaming monitor to show properly and within view when I do this but I am losing all the good resolutions on my 49-inch in order to show properly in OBS. How do I get around this?

koala

If you use the same PC to play and to stream/record, use game capture or display capture and not your capture device. It's more efficient than any capture device and not restricted to any resolution or fps. Use a capture device only if you need to capture from an external device like a console.

rockbottom

You can also ditch the capture card or use it as back-up. An update to the NDI Plugin for v28.x.x was released on Tuesday. I haven't tried it yet but so far nobody is complaining about it.

Jordan450

I was more referring to taking up lots of resources on the gaming PC. Meaning if I stream and game from the PC then running OBS and playing a game in high resolution and 240 refresh rate can be very taxing. But I did just rebuild with a ryzen 9 and 3090 so maybe it will do OK?