Question / Help DJI Mavic (x2) > OBS>Facebook (YouTube) setup

Dominicjames

Hi,

Found your software today, looking awesome and I'm hoping will be able to do what I need.

DJI Mavic (x2) > OBS>Facebook (YouTube) setup

I film using DJI Drones (Inspire and the Mavic) and want to take a live feed from each drone and a handheld camera, mix them together (OBS), and output to a client's Facebook or YouTube channel.

The DJI GO App has an option to add a Custom RTMP URL, which I understand I can use in OBS.

So my first question is; Can I do this easily? - DJI Mavic (x2) > OBS>Facebook (YouTube) setup

If yes, where do I get a RTMP URL from? Do I buy this and do I just need one or more?

And I'm guessing the drone accesses this RTMP URL through the Remote Control internet connection, and then I add this same/similar URL into OBS to receive the live stream on my mac, at which point I can mix stream for output to Facebook.

So my next question, if this is the correct route to get the live feed into OBS, what type/speed of internet connection will I need to be able to cope with uploading and download this live feed. Does it work with a 4G connection or can I get away with a slower connection?

Hope someone can help me with these points above.

Thank you

Dominic

Dominicjames

Bump!

Hope I've not offended anyone asking some questions. Would really welcome some advice please on the question above.

THANK YOU

TechnoBabble

I actually just did this today. I am running an RTMP server on my raspberry pi 3 or on a virtual server running ubuntu. I set my custom rtmp connection in the dji go app to rtmp://ip_Address_of_server/live
In OBS, I created a new media source, unchecked local file, in input placed rtmp://ip_Address_of_server/live. FOr input format put rtmp. CLick ok, give it a second and then you are good to go. Then in OBS point it to whatever service you want to stream to.