Question / Help Division 2 with OBS on secondary display drops to 40 fps for small periods

fbalazs369

I'm trying to record Division 2 with OBS open on my second display. When OBS is open even without preview and without recording Division 2 gets these framerate drops for small periods. My fps is constant 60 fps and it drops to constant 40 fps for 2-3 seconds then it restores to constant 60 fps. I use AMD encoder with an RX 580 and 8GB vram. Both displays are connected to this video card (one with HDMI and one with DVI).

1559819273419.png

The issue is only present if Division 2 is in borderless or fullscreen mode and OBS main window is open on the other display. If Division 2 is in windowed mode or OBS is either minimized or present on the same screen as Division 2 the issue is not present. The issue is present with V-Sync on and off, with framerate cap and without it's also present in the main menu of the game and without frame rate cap the game could run around 120 fps with my settings. Also tried DX11 rendering which did not help. Tried game capture, window capture and display capture, no luck with either of those. This issue is only present in Division 2 I did not notice it in Dauntless neither in Sea of Thieves.
OBS version: 23.1.0
AMD driver version: 19.5.2

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2019-06-06 11-25-08.txt
    35.9 KB · Views: 24
D

Deleted member 121471

For troubleshooting purpose, could you create a new scene collection with only "game capture" source, turn ingame vsync on, switch to x264 encoder with "very fast" preset, running OBS as administrator, turning off malwarebytes and disabling AMD performance monitoring?

fbalazs369

For troubleshooting purpose, could you create a new scene collection with only "game capture" source, turn ingame vsync on, switch to x264 encoder with "very fast" preset, running OBS as administrator, turning off malwarebytes and disabling AMD performance monitoring?
With my previous settings and game capture the issue now seems to be gone. Maybe I just did not disable the display capture when I first tried game capture. Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the suggestions, game capture solved the issue.