Display Problem ? I don't get it

Kisae

Okay so until today i was on W10 and on 27.4 version of OBS and all was going smoothly.

I tried the update to W11 and was hoping to finally make the updates for OBS but it seems that the problem i had back when i was trying updating the software cames back too. See by yourself:
bug.png

My menu is displayed on the left and top corner I CAN'T DO ANYTHING about it.

Here is my log : https://obsproject.com/logs/nnxzM7OWQwNWZfFa

I would really love it if you have ANY solution for this. Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 1704234337909.png
    1704234337909.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 9

AaronD

From 27 to 28 changed the Qt graphics engine, from one that was long outdated to the current one at that time. That broke a lot of things without warning, and wiped out a lot of settings without warning. Even after downgrading back to 27 or before, those settings were still gone.

So a lot of rigs had to be rebuilt from scratch, without warning or recourse. (hope you had a separate backup!) I agree with getting the foundation back to current, but the way it was handled was completely botched. (Automatic silent nuke: Surprise! Guess what you're doing today instead of streaming!)

Anyway, what happens if you (re)install the current version of OBS fresh, not as an upgrade?

Kisae

Well i tried to uninstall it but keeping the sources etc. Should i uninstall it ALL and try instaling it frsh with nothing?

Edit :Just tried uninstaling everything and it's exactly the same

AaronD

Document what you want to keep, and backup the files, then yes. Rebuild manually, from your documentation.

For all the work that goes into making an OS upgrade seamless and easy, it rarely is. It's still often better to preserve the old somehow, off to the side, and install fresh. Don't upgrade in-place.
(hard drives are cheap now, so if you know how to swap them, that's probably the easiest)

Kisae

The thing is either is uninstal the 30.2 version and go back to 27.4 fresh it's all the same...in both versions. I'm totally lost

AaronD

If it's all the same, then keep the current version, installed fresh, not as an upgrade. Much easier to get support that way, as people forget what the old versions were.

For actual help, I'm about as lost as you are, likely because I gave up on Windoze about a year ago and I need to have my hands on it directly anyway. Fumble around and see what I find. Maybe give up and install the OS fresh as well, not as an upgrade, and rebuild from there.

Since Windows has its own re-installer built into itself - I believe that was new in Win10, if I remember right - you might use that. Thoroughly document and backup everything, of course, and have it wipe out whatever weirdness it might have inherited from who-knows-where.

Kisae

Ok somehow i managed to get back to W10 and reinstalled Obs v.27.4 and all is okay now.

Still it would be great to understand what's wrong here so that i, or other people that may have this issue now or in the future, can possibly fix it.

Anyways thanks @AaronD for your help and support, really appreciated.