Display new viewers features

Koffeth

I know there is diffrent programs to fetch who followed you, Subscribed to you etc. But can you somehow fetch the latest viewer who joined the stream?

Like a popup will display on screen: Welcome NAME to the stream!

Yachak

I believe its possible to get a userlist with IRC. And then examine programmatily who's new in the channel.

There is no way that i know of with Twitch API

Its a good idea if u have a channel that is very low populated and have a few viewers once and a while. If u have a channel that has 1000+ viewers, then it would be a bad idea because allot of viewers come and go, not saying anything about the spam messages u gonna get whit "Welcome ... to the stream' , and the guy is not even watching anymore.

Koffeth

Yachak said:
I believe its possible to get a userlist with IRC. And then examine programmatily who's new in the channel.

There is no way that i know of with Twitch API

Its a good idea if u have a channel that is very low populated and have a few viewers once and a while. If u have a channel that has 1000+ viewers, then it would be a bad idea because allot of viewers come and go, not saying anything about the spam messages u gonna get whit "Welcome ... to the stream' , and the guy is not even watching anymore.

Alright, yeah the idea was that this would work for the smaller channels :)

dacoder

This seems do-able with IRC, but keep in mind, with the new Twitch stream delay: they will not see it until 30 seconds later... It is much better to post it to chat. Which others have already done.

I use Chatty (http://getchatty.sourceforge.net/)
it is a IRC Twitch Chat program and even shows emotes.
But the feature I like is showing who joined and who exited.

I know you are looking for an alert but this way you can personally greet them if you like. I think screen alerts are ok but soon enough everyone is going to have so many alerts on screen that the stream might be unwatchable.

So that is why I use chatter and welcome people personally.

Just my thought on it.

ITPalg

I hate how my Twitch counter shows a number but it is either delayed in showing people in the viewer list I have open or they just are not logging in and lurking in the shadows.

dacoder

ITPalg said:
I hate how my Twitch counter shows a number but it is either delayed in showing people in the viewer list I have open or they just are not logging in and lurking in the shadows.

Use IRC for chat, it will give you the exact number of people who (have accounts and) are watching.