Question / Help Display Capture not working in OBS when entering a game

Reapz316

My OBS is running into an infuriating bug where every time I enter into a game from my Display Capture it immediately goes invisible.

Rage 2 works fine in my monitor but doesn't show up on my OBS even though I'm using Display Capture. This is the same for other games like Rocket League, Borderlands 2 and Mordhau etc etc

I'm using a single desktop setup have updated the GPU driver, as well as done all the Windows updates, disabled the Windows gaming sessions and also disabled the Nvidia in game overlay.

It's driving me up the wall as there's just no rhyme or reason to it and I can't stream.

Attached is the log file.

Attachments

• 2019-05-19 20-03-42.txt
    66.7 KB · Views: 12

Narcogen

Suggest setting up a fresh profile/scene collection and a single scene with JUST a display capture in it to see if that is also broken. From the logfile it looks like your in-game scene contains an embedded scene with a display capture that has a 3rd party 3D transform filter from stream effects, and I wonder if that has broken or if it is something else.

Does game capture not work either?

Reapz316

Game capture does not work. Windows capture does but as soon as I click into the monitor that has the game it freezes the game on a single frame in OBS. When I click out of the window to another monitor the game works perfectly again and doesn't stay on that frame anymore. It's so weird.

I'll try your method now of new profile and scene with display capture.

EDIT: You're right! It seems as though when I make a new profile and a new scene collection it works perfectly. So maybe the transform is the problem?

Last edited:

Reapz316

So the display capture works in a new Scene Collection but not in my old one even when I removed the 3rd party filters. WHY OBS WHY?!