Discord Overlay Host

Free Discord Overlay Host 1.02

Aster

Aster submitted a new resource:

Discord Overlay Host - Capture your voice channel to stream using the Discord game overlay.

I created the Discord Overlay Host application so that I could capture my voice chat to OBS while I stream to Twitch, and still be able to use the desktop application for responding to text chat.

This application allows you to create an OpenGL or DirectX "game" window and then add it to Discord to put their overlay on it. You can then use OBS game capture to display the portions you want on stream.

I made a brief video showing the tool that you can check out here:...

Read more about this resource...

dubhShifty

Love this! Thank you!

One request would be to exchange the gray background with something green or blue, easier to key out as the gray is close to the stroke of the text.

Love using it either way!

Thanks!

Aster

Love this! Thank you!

One request would be to exchange the gray background with something green or blue, easier to key out as the gray is close to the stroke of the text.

Thanks!

The downside to changing color is there is a small amount I can control. When the Discord overlay is open/expanded Discord's program is controlling the color scheme of their box. While I can make the background of the host window anything I want it will be mostly covered by Discord.

I'll add an example image here that shows what it would end up looking like.

Attachments

• GreenScreen.png
    GreenScreen.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 294

bhygate

Hey,
Having a problem with the DX host, keeps crashing with a "GPU Removed" error whenever I alt-tab into or launch a game.

Anyone know a workaround for this?

Steps to reproduce:
Configure and launch OBS and Discord for the host program
Launch DX host
Tab into Discord and leave/rejoin the server (to make the overlay visible)
Tab into or launch any game (I used Dead by Daylight, but seems to happen with a few games I tried)

After a few minutes a Windows alert will sound and the attached message appears, the overlay host freezes and has to be restarted from the configuration window.

Only tested with a 1GB GTX 550ti, so could be a memory problem?
I'll be upgrading my card after the holidays so I'll retest then and see if it still occours.

Thanks in advance,
bhygate

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20161217105317.png
    ScreenShot_20161217105317.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 76

bawitdaba

Cool program, i've been looking for alternatives to the stock DIscord Streamkit overlay since that only works on a specific channel and I hop around in discord a lot.

I tested your overlay host and ran into some issues, one is that the host has to always be visible. Ideally I would like to setup OBS to capture the host window then have it always hidden in the tray or invisible or something. Another issue is that the window can't even be minimized if you even minimize the window it resets the overlay position.

Also since this is being adding as a game in discord you can not use the discord game presence since it will say you are always playing the "Discord DirectX Overlay Host" which it thinks is a game...

I wish there was some plugin directly in OBS to just capture the current channel i'm in, though this is a great workaround.