Directx 12 The Witcher 3 Next Gen

Joos71

Hello. Why The Witcher 3 Next Gen running with Directx 11 works fine in OBS but running with Directx 12 doesn't. OBS does not render video. The screen is black. How to fix this problem? Regards.

Attachments

• 2022-12-14 12-55-09.txt
    213.8 KB · Views: 126

Void4ever

Having the same issue, unfortantely my wife is currently streaming and i'm unable to grab the logs. But I suspect they would show the exact same thing the others who have posted here show. Switching to DX11 is the fix, though it of course disables any graphic upgrades reliant on DX12.

Her rig is using an EVGA 3090.

Void4ever

SaburMoto

Это может помочь, но я не могу найти этот файл ни в одном каталоге. Я пытаюсь запустить версию игры DX12 и захватить с помощью OBS. Не уверен, в чем проблема.
Обсуждение Steam OBS и Witcher 3

Чтобы исправить Steam Overlay и RTSS в DX12:

Перейдите в папку Witcher 3 по адресу: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64_dx12.

Затем вам нужно удалить d3d11on12.dll, перезапустить игру и буду работать тогда.

Спасибо пользователю Jebus за то, что он указал на это в ветке Steam Overlay, казалось, что его просто похоронили.

Valcry

With Direct X 11 Gamecapture works. But not with DX 12. Which seems to cause a lot of trouble anyway.

RealBukaTV

To fix Steam Overlay and RTSS in DX12:

Navigate to the Witcher 3 folder at: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64_dx12. Then you need to delete d3d11on12.dll, restart the game and it will work then. Thanks to user Jebus for pointing this out on the Steam Overlay thread, it felt like he was just buried.
Hey this worked. Thank you!
The only difference is this file was found in this location that started with "Steam" not "SteamLibrary"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3"

I also just renamed the file from "d3d11on12.dll" to "d3d11on12.rename from dll" just case it is needed for something later. It works now thanks! I am running OBS version 28.1.2, by the way, in case that helps someone else reading this later.

scorp1czech

Hello, i have similar problem, but i have screen in OBS, but after difference times screen frozen. In directory x64_dx12 i haven't file dx3d11to12.dll. Some idea for repair game? All other games i can stream with 60fps without any issues. Tested on 2 machines.
Machine 1:
Intel i7 9400, 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX1660Ti, SSD, FullHD stream, 6000kbps, 60fps
Machine 2: Intel i7 11800, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3060, SSD, QHD stream, 6000kbps, 60fps

Attachments

• stream_1.jpg
    stream_1.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 27