Question / Help Direct3d 11 is the only renderer causing a black screen

clunkyy

As it says in the title, the only renderer that shows up is 'Direct3d 11'. Because of this I'm not able to capture my game's window (Well, I am. But it just shows up as a black screen). Other elements work, such as images, twitch chat plugins, browser screens, ect- but because of the renderer being Direct3d 11 no game will show up.

On a side note, OBS was working fine a couple days ago, and it was using DirectX 11 or 12 as the renderer, but those have both gone missing from the menu as shown in the picture attached below.

Log: https://hastebin.com/uzisugiyul (Excuse me for the confusing scene names, ect- lol)

Attachments

• 3c9827364c19db6552889b915dc1716b.png
    3c9827364c19db6552889b915dc1716b.png
    47 KB · Views: 562
  • log.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 140

Harold

Couple things
1> the renderer of OBS has nothing to do with black screens
2> Run obs as administrator.

clunkyy

Couple things
1> the renderer of OBS has nothing to do with black screens
2> Run obs as administrator.
Huh, I'd assume it would seeing that game capture hasn't worked since the renderer has changed- but I digress.

I should have added that I already have tried multiple times to run OBS as administrator, doesn't change/fix anything. I have also tried restarting my computer, re-installing OBS, downloading all out of date drivers, and restarting some more- none of this seems to fix the issue which is why I'm so confused about this.

Thanks for the reply!

Harold

Conflicts with Game Capture: Other capture programs, Razer Synapse (disable heatmaps), graphics mods like ENBSeries and SweetFX, and any type of software or utility that displays an in-game overlay like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, TS3/Mumble overlays, Dolby Axon, Raptr, Overwolf, etc. If you use D3DGear it must be uninstalled completely.

And what games have you tried so far?

clunkyy

And what games have you tried so far?
Haha, so it looks like some games work and others don't.

The game I'm trying to stream is some good ol' Modern Warfare 2 and was also trying to get CSS up, but both of those don't seem to be working. Although Fortnite does work. Could it maybe be caused by VAC? If so are there any ways to get around this?

I already have the anti-cheat compatibility hook enabled.

Try Borderless Full-Screen Window Mode for those games that you can't get to capture, if you are already running border-less window mode then try full-screen mode.
If you are running those games through software such as Steam/Origin, etc then make sure to turn off the overlay they provide within their respective settings, as this might be the cause of the conflict.
As Harold said, run OBS as an administrator as this will elevate privileges for OBS to directly inject into the game .exe file to capture game play.

Also,
In your logfile I noticed you have Windows GameDVR enabled. This may be a cause of the performance issue as even when you are not using it, just having it enabled in Windows settings it will always hook into the game process and commit resources (Similar to what OBS does when OBS is open, though more aggressively as it also buffers for replay recording)

RiainOfficial

As it says in the title, the only renderer that shows up is 'Direct3d 11'. Because of this I'm not able to capture my game's window (Well, I am. But it just shows up as a black screen). Other elements work, such as images, twitch chat plugins, browser screens, ect- but because of the renderer being Direct3d 11 no game will show up.

On a side note, OBS was working fine a couple days ago, and it was using DirectX 11 or 12 as the renderer, but those have both gone missing from the menu as shown in the picture attached below.

Log: https://hastebin.com/uzisugiyul (Excuse me for the confusing scene names, ect- lol)

Bruv if you are having trouble with display settings and it turn to a black screen, close out OBS if you have it open, than right click OBS, hover over run with processor, than choose integrated processor or whatever different one you have that is not default