Question / Help Diamond VC500 issues

kroftek

So I've got this thingy for a week now and just can't get it to work properly. My goal is to transfer VHS content onto my PC. The VCR I have is a SONY SLV-SE 740. Two SCART outs and cinch audio (red/white). My PC is pretty good component-wise but it runs Win 10. The software I'm using is the bundled Power Director 12. Also, I'm in Europe, if that plays any major role.

-I've tried to hook up the VCR using cinch to SCART adapter, not getting the picture nor the audio in the Power Director.
-I've tried to hook up those audio cables only, I'm getting the audio in PD.
-I've tried some weird combination where I connect the VCR and the TV with the antenna cable, and tried to hook up the VC500 with the TV using SCART. Doesn't work.

All the solutions and answers I have searched for online are just confusing me, to say the least. Couldn't extract any sufficient info out of them. So I ask here, am I missing something?

JLA

I've had major issuses with the VC500 USB cable and PowerDirector 12 package. I've had a number of support tickets into both Diamond Multimedia (VC500) and Cyberlink (PowerDirector) to resolve a number of my issuses. They may be related to your problem, but here are everyone who has purchase this product.

First, I can say I can transfer VHS tapes to PC (Windows 10) with some success if I decide to export the file types to MP4 using TV Signal input. (and even then PowerDirector 12 crashes or doesn't import back what was just exported.) For each tape I wanted to transfer, I had to manually reinsert the USB connector into my computer so that Windows would recognize the VC500 device. That was a pain, but at least it worked.

So checking out Cyberlink for a fix, I discovered a more current version of PowerDirector was available. I downloaded the 30 day trial of Power Director 17 Ultra thinking it would fix a number of issues only to find VC500 doesn't work at all. I do have to commend Cyberlink technical support for they have been most helpful and responsive to my issues. Through them, we have determined its the Conexant Polaris video driver is the problem. I loaded up a 3rd-party capture tool and got the same results from Power Director 17.

Talking to DiamondMM technical support and passing along my research thus far, have had little or no feedback on what to do next.

Bottomline is there is no upgrade path in place to a more current version of Power Director and DiamondMM doesn't seem to offer up any fixes at this time. (May 15, 2019)

I'm attempting to find the most current 64-bit Conexant Polaris drivers to determine if will fix the video. It is preferred DiamondMM and Cyberlink do this for us.